Tuesday 10 March, 2009

Time Management

I have fought many times with my wife over the issue of time management. She does extremely well in her office and everyone is satisfied. But when it comes to deal with me, she finds me a hard task master. May be it’s because of my 15 years of lifestyle in the Indian air force. I just believe in achieving things. There sure will be many obstacles, and anyone can give any number of reasons for not finishing the things in schedule. The other set of people just conquer their goals offsetting every obstacle that’s in their way.

In the services, the boss is god. If he desires something, it gets achieved. Sometimes he doesn’t even ask if there was any difficulty in the process. Only the person who carried out his command knows the difficulty. When there are serious problems, the boss excepts you to achieve his goal, and thereafter tell that these were the issues. May be in future he will clear the way for you, when a similar task is designated.

My friend from Bangalore once called me and said if I knew anyone in pune. I asked why he needed to know. He told me that he needed to get admission in to a business school and there was only 3-4 days left for the last date of submission of application form. I understood the seriousness of it. In my knowledge, I had a chatfriend from pune. I called her up and asked me to do a favour. She was in her office already. Once everything was explained she said she will do the needful. She went to the institute, bought the application form and couriered it to my friend, whom she never knew. My friend got the form in 2 days and he submitted it. The mission was accomplished.

In hindsight, I could have told, I don’t have a reliable friend in pune. The fact of the matter is I never even paid my friend in pune before hand. I asked her account number and the money got deposited in her account by my friend in Bangalore. Will plays a big role in managing our affairs, and that’s all there is to it.

No comments: