Monday 20 April, 2009

End of a good week

The evening of yesterday drew curtains on my one week of jolly good time. Beena boarded her train yesterday evening at 1725Hrs with a satisfied heart. We both feel so thankful to our host and my good friend subash who along his wife who took such good care of us. Though his wife was carrying, she exerted herself to make us feel at home. Beena did pitch in with whatever little she knew in household chores.

Subash's son Srivats who is nearing 4 years of age, sorely missed Beena a lot when he knew she had left. I wasnt his favourite because i would funnily bicker with him whenever i felt like. What a naughty child he was. Since he had spend the past two years in his mom's place in coimbatore, he had picked a smattering of tamil. He only used that language when he was angry. His cusswords were "Poda Motta Thalaya". When i returned back the offering in his own currency, he felt so red with anger. But i compensated with lots of chocolates and ice-creams and rides to the beach in my bike.

We visited the vivekananda rock in kanyakumari on 18th april. But since the sun was so hot, beena wanted to wind up the day earlier and didnt spend much time there. Another thing that happened was i got my purse picked without my knowledge. I lost 2 debit cards, my driving licence, canteen smart card, two sim cards of karnataka and tamilnadu and some cash too. I didnt want to spoil my holiday mood and hence didnt go in search of the purse. But i did block both my atm cards before any loss could be done. Beena i guess was pissed off with my carefree attitude for not trying to search for my purse and retrieve it. That could be the reason she felt the sun got too hot that day and we called it a day even before the evening.

Tomorrow i shall be leaving to tamilnadu as i got posted there. Its the same place i had been 2 months back, near kanyakumari. Shall update more when i get to visit the net cafe again. Thanks to all my blog readers and more to prem and priti for leaving their comments. Take care.

2 comments:

Prem said...

Joshi, that is sad to hear. Anyways, when visiting crowded places, remember to put your purse in front pocket. This does help.

Joshi said...

Thanks prem for ur kind words. Shall be careful henceforth.