Wednesday 20 May, 2009

Me, me and me.

Yesterday i went online and for the first time ever I checked anybody's blog. This one belonged to a 20s something girl of kerala, a daughter of an IAS mother. Though i only had a fleeting look at two of her posts, everything in the blog was me, me and me. I had read in this month's issue of Reader's Digest about sexting, and thats where i read about blogs being always about oneself, and my heading borrowed from there.

This is actually true, because there isnt much one could write in a blog. One of my colleagues asked me yesterday what is the funda of a blog and its meaning. I explained it to him that this word is taken from two words, i.e. WEB LOG. The 'B' from the first word and the second word in full. I also told him this generally constitutes a personal diary open to everyone. The more masala in it, the more readers it will attract. A seeming reason why my blog is not attracting enviable number of readers.

There are so many stories i can tell here, but the contents may not be palatable to all age groups and hence iam diligent about the contents of my blog. I firmly try to draw a line as to how far i can go with the juicy factor in every post of mine. In a talk show i saw last year on a national channel, the subject was about blogging. There were many bloggers in the talk show and few sentences from one or two posts of the bloggers were read out. With the kind of things they were writing, it was not surprising they had hundreds & thousands of readers.

The popularity of a blog is proportional to how far one is ready to bare it all, in public. A sure shot way to attract maximum eyeballs to one's blog is by posting anything that would be off the beaten track.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well I like your blogs. The way you narrate incidents is really good. You get a "slice of life" kinda info rather than the chatpata masala which is much better than some blogs.