Saturday 16 January, 2010

No celebrations

On the 19th of January, i will be 36 years old. For the past 7 years, exactly at midnight between 18th and 19th of january, one girl would call and wish me happy birthday. This time around i doubt if she will call me to wish on my birthday. The reason being she would be undergoing a knee operation on the 19th of January 2010. Though we have never met, both of of us know each other inside out.

Last week she sent me an SMS enquiring about my present address. I gave her the adress. And today as i was writing the first sentence of this blog, a mail came. It was from her, and i knew what it was. It was a greeting card from her. I opened it quickly and started reading it. The opening was touching, and as always it was "Dearest Joshi" and then few more touching words straight from her heart. She wished me all good things through her sweet and sincere words, and asked me to have a blast of a celebration on this birthday.

How could i celebrate when my best friend is scheduled to have an operation on my birthday. Last week i told my better half that though i will be with her during this birthday of mine, i cant celebrate and also told her the reason. She understood the special bond i shared with my friend and hence respected my decision. So, this time around no partying or any pomp on my birthday.

The friend i talked about here is Puvaneswari, an old chatmate of mine. A gem of a person, a tamilian born and brought up in Malaysia, but studying in London. She completed her ACCA and is presently pursuing her MBA. I wish her a fast recovery and pray whole heartedly for her good health. For my family and friends, the celebrations and partying can wait until next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link