Wednesday 7 October, 2009

Different sets of People

The social networking sites are all so good, but with some ifs and buts. Though i am more attached to Orkut, i still keep a track of Facebook account. Of late the facebook account seems interesting too, as few of my friends keep updating many things and its easy to know more about them without my having to message. Its a good deal for me.

Today, out of the blue in my facebook account there were 8 friend requests pending. In the past few years of my having that account, this kind of thing never happened. I added 6 of them, but avoided the remaining 2 as i couldnt place them anywhere in my memory. Another set of difficulty i have usually felt is about adding everyone into one network. I have different kind of friends, and my interaction levels are all different. Some of my friends talk things on the face, because of the closeness they enjoy and hence i never add them in orkut fearing others in my freindlist may be in for a shock.

People from different cultures and different countries have their unique way of talking. I for one will never have the courage to add one of my lady friend in orkut even if she wishes. Her grip on the English language is so enormous and she twists and twirls it, without thinking twice. On a public platform others who read it may be shocked, but we enjoy such good freedom in expressing ourselves. I even share this fear of mine and even though she has read my blogs, i have warned her enough, not to be her usual self if she leaves any comments.

Some fears are manageable, and this one which i talked about falls into that group. Until other challenges come to bind me here, let me go and have my dinner now.

No comments: