Thursday 17 September, 2009

Busy for ever!

A particular experience in the past month left me quite hurt. A person who is very close to me approached me for a small favour. I arranged for it, through another friend of mine. This first friend kept me and my other friend waiting without any calls or sms about her plans. The person who wanted the help didnt bother at all, where as we both were getting troubled not being able to hear from her. Many times i have found myself in this kind of situation in my ambitious pursuit to help all people i consider close.

Another friend i have in chennai, who is doing her doctorate from an university there. Whenever she feels it fit, she calls me or leaves messages. But when i call, she is quite busy to attend her phone. Neither she finds time to return the call nor cares to leave a message. The past day she wanted my help and there she was, calling on a daily basis. I did help her with whatever she wanted.

When people say they dont have time, its a simple admission that they dont know how to manage their time. I have worked 18 hour days, but never have i forgot to call or message my friends when i couldnt attend to their call or sms. Even on my wedding day, all the calls or sms were replied. Sometimes i forget my friend's birthdays but thats a different thing, because i sometimes forget my own birthday too.

Another friend of mine since 16 years ,who is now in chennai wasnt attending my calls or responding to my repeated messages for many months on end. This guy had changed so badly i thought. Few months back when i went to chennai, i contacted another friend who knew his home. I told him i want to go to this friend's home today and blast him left and right. I was taken to my irresponsible friend's home by this friend whom i contacted.

When i reached his home, he was there with his wife and his small kid. I didnt waste any time in bombarding him for not returning my calls or messages. He was feeling quite embarassed because i was taking him to task in front of his wife, i couldnt bother about it in the least. He kept pleading he was busy always. I said if he cant find time for one minute for an old friend like me, he is not fit to be busy. For the 15 minutes i stayed there, i kept harping on that point over and over again. That atleast will teach him how to respect people, who think of him amidst their busy schedules too.

Everybody is busy, but one never should be selfish or indifferent. I have heard the saying "Busy people find time for everything". How true!

Please share ur experiences or view about this subject through ur comments.

1 comment:

Prem said...

Joshi, here is an insider truth. If you have friends who work in IT/ Software and they tell you they are busy, take it from me, they are lying.