Friday 4 December, 2009

A Long Hiatus

In everyday life, things turn so unpredictable. My 2 weeks of planned leave got used for other reasons. My wife's granny passed away 2 weeks back and i and my wife ended up visiting Calicut to share the grief and loss of a noble soul in the family. Then i went to bangalore to visit my folks, while beena went to chennai to catch her train to mumbai to attend her company's meeting. Yesterday (3rd December) we both reached chennai from different cities to spend a couple of days together.

Plans could take a somersault in this fashion, i never imagined. Our visits to 2 temples in tamilnadu and kerala would be carried out in future. Making a promise to god and not keeping it is a bad thing. May be thats the reason i never make a promise easily. :) A month in Tirunelveli district got me cut off from the Internet and it was little difficult for me. I hate not updating my blogs, but somehow this proved to be a long hiatus.

The few days in bangalore i spent just meeting old friends and building new alliances. Being away from the city of birth, its difficult to find the roots for a soldier after a gap of 20 years when he returns back. I am always terrified about his aspect and never allow the connections to fade away. Its 5 year since we relocated to a new place in bangalore. Not knowing people in the vicinity has its difficulties. I always strive to build relationships slowly and steadily. In this regard, this leave proved to be little beneficial to me.

In my efforts to be with my wife, i had applied for a co-location posting for chennai. Nothing has come of it. Still waiting with my fingers crossed for a favourable consideration. Once i return back to my workplace, i might get to know the developments. On 7th december i will be joining back for work. From then on, my blogs should appear on a regular basis. Sorry for missing for closer to 6 weeks on the blogspace. Promise to maintain a regular appearance henceforth. See ya guys.

No comments: