Tuesday 25 November, 2008

Salman Khan appreciated me

Earlier, i used to engage in making portraits of sports persons and actors on A2 size paper and hang it in our living room. Hardly one or two of that is preserved now. I had also done a big portrait of Salman khan and hung on the wall, because i liked watching it daily. Also lots of appreciation i used to get.

My younger sis sumi had a classmate named Rehana Sultana. She was a die-hard fan of Salman Khan. This was 15 years back. When she got to know that i manage to draw portraits, she begged my sister to ask me to draw a small portrait of Salman Khan. When my sister came with this request, i did agree to this. I finished the portrait of Salman khan and gave it to sumi. The next day sumi went to her class and handed over to rehana.

Rehana's dad was to go to mumbai to meet salman khan and his family as they had business links and friendship. rehana asked her dad to present my hand-drawn portrait of salman to the real salman. Once salman got to see the portrait, he greatly appreciated it. May be actors know how to act well, even in real life. He asked rehana's dad to convey his thanks to me. When this message came to me after a week or so, i was so jubilant, as if i had met salman khan myself and taken the appreciation. I was a teenager then and soared high with happiness and contentment.

After a few months or so after that episode, i had completely stopped engaging myself in drawing portraits. i have a few of those smaller portraits at home even now. the rest of the big ones, my mom had burned away fearing that i might hang it on the walls of our new home too.

MOM........., THERE WERE BETTER WAYS TO PREVENT THINGS!!!!! anyway, no regrets.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey... I never knew that you an artist.Well no wonder as u are very modest u wud never boast about ur skills.But this medium of blog brings out the hidden skills n truth....
Mehr